Monday, November 02, 2009

My poem about Branches

Branches

Pink blossom covered
Hanging low
Greeting you

Talking to your soul
Uplifting your spirit
Looking deep inside you
Contemplating who you are

Frightened you think to
Shrink away
Into the pale black shadows

Nothing you can do to

Hide

Yourself from their grasp of
Truth
Understanding
Knowledge
Faith
Mistrust
Ignorance
Deftness

You
Cringe
With comprehension that you

In and yourself

Have been figured out

Nothing safe
Nothing to salvage from their depths

Your seeming innocence

Gone

Long
Long

GONE

Ashamed you punt the tree trunk
The reaction

Nothing

This comforts you
In most eerie, supernatural way

Run

Run far into the deep olive mist
Of strange relief
That you hide nothing
At all

1 comment:

Janet Owen said...

Dare you to disturb the universe?
I see you. I see you.

I love what I see